As your partner in philanthropy, the Carolinas Foundation manages scholarship funds for credit unions and chapters. We handle the communications to the applicants and the disbursement of funds to the schools. Our fee for management is simply based on the annually disbursement total. Credit unions are able to use the Foundation’s secure online application and judging portal but can also elect to use its own application.
In order to qualify and apply through the secure online portal, an applicant must be a member of a North or South Carolina credit union and have a non-weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher. All applicants are eligible for consideration by the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation for its academic and needs-based scholarships, including credit union employees. If an applicant is eligible for scholarships from several credit unions, they may select multiple credit unions on the application.
- October 1, 2018 – Online application open. Apply Now!
- February 1, 2019 – Application closes
- Early April 2019 – All winners and applicants are notified via the online portal
- May 17, 2019 – All winners confirmed through the online portal using the online verification form
- June – July 2018– Checks are processed and distributed to attending schools
Current Scholarship Funds
- The Carolinas Credit Union Foundation Scholarship Fund (academic and needs-based scholarships)
- Allegacy Federal Credit Union’s Mel Hughes Scholarship Fund
- Blue Flame Credit Union Scholarship Fund
- Carolina Foothills Federal Credit Union Scholarship Fund
- Carolinas Telco Federal Credit Union Legacy Scholarship Fund
- Charlotte Metro Federal Credit Union Herman Hoose Scholarship Fund (separate application available from Charlotte Metro)
- Coastal Credit Union Scholarship Fund
- CPM Federal Credit Union’s Russell Easterling Memorial Scholarship Fund (separate application available from CPM)
- Local Government Federal Credit Union Scholarship Fund (separate application available from LGFCU)
- Members Credit Union’s Betty Stevenson Scholarship Fund & General Scholarship Fund
- Piedmont Advantage Credit Union’s Members Come First Scholarship Fund
- SPC Credit Union Scholarship Fund
- Summit Credit Union’s Elizabeth Hamilton Scholarship Fund (separate application available from Summit)
- Truliant Federal Credit Union’s Fred Sarda Scholarship Fund (separate application available from Truliant)